Re: [O] Reverse lookup from pdf to org?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Reverse lookup from pdf to org?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 05:49:14 +0100

Dnia 2014-03-27, o godz. 15:43:45
Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> Brett Viren <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> >> But jumping to the .org file would be the aim - right?
> >
> > Yes, right.  Maybe a better example is:
> >
> >   file://foo.orglink?line=42
>
> calling
>
> ,----
> | emacs +42 foo.org
> `----
>
> should open the file foo.org and put the cursor in line 42.
>

> > which might get interpreted as "go to line 42 in ./foo.org".
> >
> > This example is also a relative link which would be less brittle as
> > long as foo.org and foo.pdf are kept together in the same directory.
>
> Yes - that would be quite useful.

> >> I guess higher?
> >
> > I like your optimism!
>
> I am an optimist :-)

You really are.

Inserting stuff like this into the TeX file /may/ very easily break it,
in the sense that it does compile, but /looks/ different (read: has
different line and/or page breaks) than without it.  (Though it /might/
be possible, I'm only saying that it would require much TeX expertise
and being very careful.  In fact, TeX4ht seems to do something similar
(though I never used it), so maybe I'm too pessimistic;).)

> Cheers,
>
> Rainer

Best,

--