Re: [O] Space in Exported Text

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Space in Exported Text
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:56:08 -0400

On 2014-03-26 at 14:32, Esben Stien wrote:
> If I f.ex make a beautiful table in org-mode:
>
> |-----+-----+-------+--------+-------------------------|
> | foo | bar | xyzzy | hukarz |                         |
> | qux |     | corge | grault | garply waldo fred plugh |
> | baz |     |       |        |                         |
> |-----+-----+-------+--------+-------------------------|
>
>  , it's not so beautiful anymore if I send it in an email.
>
> Is it not possible to force these spacings as space?
>
> I guess this is gnus fault, but I'm not really sure.

Looks perfect to me. I'm using fixed-width font in my email
client. Changing tabs to spaces won't solve bad looking tables because
most people use variable-width fonts. Nothing you can do about that.

You can also use mu4e and compose emails in an Org minor-mode
(includes babel and everything!) and convert emails to HTML when sent
(and include a plain-text copy too). I think that would be the best
bet of having a table look good to the recipient. See "Org Mode
Example" section at bottom of
http://www.brool.com/index.php/using-mu4e

  -k.