Re: [O] Better way to specify the latex documentclass of an exported fil

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] Better way to specify the latex documentclass of an exported file without changing my configuration?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:54:16 +0100

Hello Nicolas,

>> My questions are:
>> - is there a way to do this without an emacs-lisp block?
>
> Yes there is, with a BIND keyword, e.g.:
>
>   #+BIND: org-latex-classes (("article" "\\documentclass{llncs}"
> ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")))
>
> Though you need to activate it with `org-export-allow-bind-keywords', if
> only as a file local variable:
>
>   # Local Variables:
>   # org-export-allow-bind-keywords: t
>   # End:

Ah, yes, this is quite helpful. Thanks.

>> - is there a nicer way to make sure that an emacs-lisp block is
>> evaluated upon export than ":exports results :results silent"? (If
>> I don't put it there, the block is not evaluated.)
>
> You can put the block in a :noexport: section. Then, I don't think that
> you need to then :exports or :results parameters.

It is in a :noexport: section already. Here is a quick test.

Exporting

* Test :noexport:

#+begin_src sh
echo "date 1" >> ~/tmp/results
echo `date` >> ~/tmp/results
#+end_src

#+begin_src sh :exports results :results silent
echo "date 2" >> ~/tmp/results
echo `date` >> ~/tmp/results
#+end_src

yields this "~/tmp/results" file:

date 2
Wed Mar 26 14:46:08 CET 2014

The behavior is identical if the ":noexport:" tag is absent.

>> - is there a way to just say the name of the documentclass without all
>> the boilerplate code below? In other words, can I say "this is a llncs
>> documentclass with the same sectioning as an article"?
>
> You can use a final filter to replace "article" with "llncs" in the
> document, but there is no straightforward way, e.g., a keyword, to do
> so.

Thanks,

Alan