Re: [O] Better way to specify the latex documentclass of an exported fil

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Better way to specify the latex documentclass of an exported file without changing my configuration?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:21:40 +0100

Hello,

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm collaborating on a paper with some colleagues, and I convinced them
> to use org-mode. I'm trying to make sure the paper is as self-contained
> as possible (I don't want them to have to change their emacs
> configuration file). To change the documentclass name of the exported
> article, I added the following block in a section that is not exported:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent :exports results
>   (add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
>                '("llncs"
>                  "\\documentclass{llncs}"
>                  ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
>                  ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
>                  ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}")))
> #+end_src
>
> My questions are:
> - is there a way to do this without an emacs-lisp block?

Yes there is, with a BIND keyword, e.g.:

  #+BIND: org-latex-classes (("article" "\\documentclass{llncs}"
("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")))

Though you need to activate it with `org-export-allow-bind-keywords', if
only as a file local variable:

  # Local Variables:
  # org-export-allow-bind-keywords: t
  # End:

> - is there a nicer way to make sure that an emacs-lisp block is
> evaluated upon export than ":exports results :results silent"? (If
> I don't put it there, the block is not evaluated.)

You can put the block in a :noexport: section. Then, I don't think that
you need to then :exports or :results parameters.

> - is there a way to just say the name of the documentclass without all
> the boilerplate code below? In other words, can I say "this is a llncs
> documentclass with the same sectioning as an article"?

You can use a final filter to replace "article" with "llncs" in the
document, but there is no straightforward way, e.g., a keyword, to do
so.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou