Re: [O] HTML export is using the wrong browser

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] HTML export is using the wrong browser
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 09:37:57 +0100

James Harkins writes:
> I noticed that C-c C-e h o was running "sensible-browser," and after
> half an hour's completely wasted effort trying to understand the
> update-alternatives system, the only thing I know is that Chrome's
> priority in the system is 200 while Firefox is 40. That explains why
> sensible-browser is choosing Chrome. But I can't find any example of a
> command that will change the priority of an existing link.

If you want to change this system-wide, then:

/usr/sbin/update-alternatives --display sensible-browser
/usr/sbin/update-alternatives --config sensible-browser

will let you do this.  Changing the priorities is also possible, but
since the postinstall script will likely revert it to the packaged
default on any update this is probably less useful.

Regards,
Achim.