Re: [O] Incorrect hexification in URLs in LaTeX Export

From: R. Michael Weylandt <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [O] Incorrect hexification in URLs in LaTeX Export
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:37:33 -0400

On Mar 18, 2014, at 17:24, "R. Michael Weylandt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can't comment on Andreas's issue about unescaping text when it's given to org
> already escaped.

Hi Bastien,

TLDR: remove ?\= from org-link-escape-chars.

I looked at this again and I think I've stumbled on another small issue
relating to hex escaping.

If I type a link with an equals sign (=) into the link prompt of
org-insert-link, the link inserted into my buffer has a %3D instead of the
valid =.

Tracing this, it goes through org-make-link-string, which hands off to
org-link-escape which uses the defconst org-link-escape-chars as the table of
values to escape. Org-link-escape-chars appears to only be used within
org-link-escape at this time.

I think = is escaped because it may have conflicted with the verbatim syntax at
some point, but that doesn't appear to be an issue any more.

Is there a reason not to remove it?