[O] org-cycle behaves differently when called with M-x?

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] org-cycle behaves differently when called with M-x?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 15:36:42 -0400

Hi,

I am not sure if this a bug or intended behaviour, but org-cycle
behaves ddifferently than expected when I call it using M-x (rather
than with TAB).  Instead of cycling
FOLDED-->CHILDREN-->SUBTREE-->FOLDED
it cycles
FOLDED-->CHILDREN-->FOLDED

Does everyone else see the same issue?  I think the issue is likely
caused by this (cond) clause startging at line 6857 of org.el, within
org-cycle-internal-local:

     ((or children-skipped
      (and (eq last-command this-command)
           (eq org-cycle-subtree-status 'children)))

I still don't quite understand how the value of (this-command) is set,
but I'm imagining that M-x  may also set it? So if called with M-x, it
may not give the desired result.

thank you!

Matt