Re: [O] org-cook

From: Robert Horn
Subject: Re: [O] org-cook
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 20:40:28 -0400

I also use tables, and have one big recipe.org file.  I considered
ingredient properties, etc., but ended up just text and find recipes by
using simple searches.  They look like this:

* Texas Skillet Corn Bread

| Ingredient             | Quantity | Instructions    |
|------------------------+----------+-----------------|
| Bacon drippings or oil | 1/4 cup  |                 |
| Yellow CornMeal        | 1 cup    |                 |
| All Purpose Flour      | 1 cup    |                 |
| Salt                   | 1/2 tsp  |                 |
| Baking Power           | 1 tsp    |                 |
| Baking Soda            | 1 tsp    |                 |
| Sugar                  | 1 tbs    | optional        |
| Buttermilk             | 1 cup    |                 |
| Eggs                   | 2        | slightly beaten |

  1. Heat drippings in iron skillet

  2. In large mixing bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, salt, baking x, and sugar.

  3. Add buttermilk and stir rapidly.

  4. Add eggs and mix

  5. Add drippings

  6. Pour into skillet, cover, and cook on low heat until lightly
     browned and almost cooked through.