[O] Bad footnotes when including org files

From: Xavier Garrido
Subject: [O] Bad footnotes when including org files
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 00:44:49 +0100

Hi Orgers,

I am having some troubles with several org files that I want to include into one general org file. To do that I use the #+INCLUDE: keywords and actually, everything is working well until I add some footnotes in both files. Let me show you a minimal example where the footnote numbering is getting weird

a.org :
-------

* A1
This is A1 section[fn:1].
* A2
This is A2 section.

* Footnotes

[fn:1] this is a footnote in A file.

b.org :
-------

* B1
This B1 section[fn:1].
* B2
This B2 section.

* Footnotes

[fn:1] this a footnote in B file.

ab.org :
--------

#+INCLUDE: "a.org" :minlevel 1
#+INCLUDE: "b.org" :minlevel 1

When I export to LaTeX the latest file, I get two footnotes with the same number. The problem can be solved by changing the label of the second footnote to [fn:2] but it means that I have to reorganize and reorder footnotes within all the org files I will include. I am wondering if it is possible to run, for example, =org-footnote-renumber-fn:N= function when including files in such way the user will not have to take care footnote labels.

Thanks for your help,
Xavier