[O] Org plus contrib (and ditaa.jar)

From: Phil Regier
Subject: [O] Org plus contrib (and ditaa.jar)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:47:00 -0500 (CDT)

An issue I've repeatedly encountered when trying to use Babel with ditaa is
that ditaa.jar never seems to be available despite a few claims in the
documentation that it is distributed with Org.  Since I'm already trying to
find the source of my octave issues from my previous post, I thought I may have
installed Org improperly and decided to wipe out my .emacs.d and start over.

I see that now Org has its own elpa repository (so far, so good), so I added it
as my second (well, first in customize) package-archives entry after removing
my .emacs.d directory to run my 24.3.1 build from my home directory (with
.emacs modified only using Custom, and only containing standard org- and
package- settings).  I refreshed the package list, and installed the
"org-plus-contrib".  Everything seemed successful (Total of 161 files compiled,
1 failed, 4 skipped); I got some errors in the install output buffer, but
nothing mentioning ditaa explicitly except "Compiling ... ob-ditaa.el".

So now when I exit Emacs I expect the following command to produce output:

find ~/.emacs.d/ -name ditaa.jar

but it still does not.  Lowering my expectations slightly, I hope for output
from the following:

find ~/.emacs.d/ -name contrib

but still nothing.

I assume I am installing Org improperly somehow, despite the fact that my
version shows correctly:

Org-mode version 8.2.5h (8.2.5h-32-g9639ed-elpaplus @
/home/pregier/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140310/)

Am I missing something obvious?

Phil