Re: [O] Exporting to multiple files

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting to multiple files
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:11:06 +0100

You could have a look at o-blog for example. It does something which is not too far from what you want (IIUC).
It does it in a way similar to what you describe.

Regards,

Fabrice

Dnia 2014-03-09, o godz. 02:34:09
Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to export an Org-mode file to /multiple/ HTML files.  For
> instance, I might want to convert all first and second level headings
> to files, and third-level headings to <h1>, fourth-level ones to <h2>
> inside these files etc.  Is that possible?  I looked into the docs,
> but didn't find anything like this.
>
> Of course, there's an issue of /naming/ these files.  Basing the names
> on the text of the heading would be the best thing to have, but it's
> not strictly necessary for me - numbers or (as a /very last/ resort)
> some kind of SHA hashes might do as well.
>
> (In fact, I'd like to write a custom HTML exporter based on the HTML
> one, so that I'd be fine with some Elisp to do this as opposed to just
> setting some variables.)

It occurred to me that I could just walk through the file, creating
temporary buffers with my subtrees, demote them and export them one by
one to HTML.  This seems doable (and even not too complicated), but is
there a better/simpler way, or has someone already invented that wheel?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University