[O] Octave/Matlab Code Export Issue?

From: Phil Regier
Subject: [O] Octave/Matlab Code Export Issue?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:41:50 -0500 (CDT)

I'm having trouble with Octave export, and I am not quite sure where to look.

In an Org file I have the following:

   #+BEGIN_SRC octave
     a = [1;3;5;7;9]
     b = [2;4;6;8]
     ans=a;
   #+END_SRC octave

When exporting to LaTeX I get the following:

\#+BEGIN\_SRC octave
  a = [1;3;5;7;9]
  b = [2;4;6;8]
  ans=a;
\#+END\_SRC octave

The style is consistent whether I export to LaTeX (buffer or PDF) or HTML; I've
tried 'matlab' in lieu of 'octave', and various :results and :exports
combinations, and I always get the literal output of the org syntax itself for
the code, though I get a proper verbatim block of output contents when I export
results.  'sh' and 'latex' blocks work properly (as do 'org' and 'awk' in other
documents), exporting code and results alike without passing Org markup
through, but this issue persists with octave on older and newer (emacs 24.3.1
with org 8.2.5h) builds.  I've set the usual execution confirmation options and
added matlab and octave to the loaded languages, and even disabled
super/subscript rendering, all through customize, and even tried wiping out my
.emacs and starting over just in case.

I've tried poking around the source but I don't know what I'm looking for; I
don't see direct references to export/publish in ob-octave, and ox is way
beyond me, I'm afraid.  Can anyone guess either what I'm doing wrong or where I
might start looking look for such a language-specific, non-option-specific,
non-backend-specific export glitch?

Thanks for any suggestions...

Phil