Re: [O] Bug in export of call lines

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Bug in export of call lines
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:00:05 -1000

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it is allowable for raw results to include newlines.  After if R
> returns a newline, the purpose of raw results is specifically to *not*
> change the result.  I believe the best approach is to customize the
> inline results wrap as above, and then use non-raw processed results
> when inline results without newlines are desired.
>
> Does this sound reasonable?

I'm able to export my document correctly by removing :results raw from
the R source code blocks.

I can control wrapping of the results by making the calls :results raw,
which removes the wrap.

I don't see any change in newline behavior by changing
org-babel-inline-result-wrap.

Unlike your shell block, I don't get an extraneous newline.

I only see unexpected behavior with R source code blocks when :results
raw is set at the source code block.

The following tables summarize what I'm seeing.

* Tables of results                                                :noexport:

With "%s", modified value of org-babel-inline-result-wrap

#+name: R-results
|                | call raw   | call not raw         |
|----------------+------------+----------------------|
| source raw     | newline    | verbatim and newline |
| source not raw | no newline | no newline           |

#+name sh-results
|                | call raw   | call not raw |
|----------------+------------+--------------|
| source raw     | no newline | no newline   |
| source not raw | no newline | no newline   |

With "=%s=", the default value of org-babel-inline-result-wrap

#+name: R-results-default
|                | call raw   | call not raw                    |
|----------------+------------+---------------------------------|
| source raw     | newline    | verbatim and newline, no texttt |
| source not raw | no newline | no newline, texttt              |

#+name sh-results-default
|                | call raw   | call not raw       |
| source raw     | no newline | no newline, texttt |
| source not raw | no newline | no newline, texttt |

I'll dig deeper tomorrow to see why my shell source code blocks don't
behave as yours do.  In any case, my document exports again.

Thanks,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813