Re: [O] Babel should not work in the subtree marked as not exported

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Babel should not work in the subtree marked as not exported
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:57:49 -0400

Hi Andreas,

On 2014-03-11 at 09:41, Andreas Leha wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 2014-03-11 at 08:47, zwz wrote:
>>> In my setup, there is
>>> (setq org-export-exclude-tags '("private" "exclude")
>>>
>>> and In my test.org:
>>>
>>> * test
>>>
>>> ** Not exported                :exclude:
>>>    #+BEGIN_SRC ditaa :file test.png :cmdline -E
>>>           +--------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
>>> +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
>>>       x   | 0 cRED | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |  | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
>>> 1 | 1 |
>>>           +--------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
>>> +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
>>>    #+END_SRC
>>>
>>> ** blah blah
>>>    blah blah blah
>>>

>>> When I try to export it to pdf, the test.png is still generated,
>>> although it is not used for the pdf at all.
>>> So I think the export procedure may be optimized for more efficiency.
>>
>> No, because I often have code and sections I don't want exported, but
>> I want their side-effects active. For example, code with sessions
>> where part is not exported, but I need that code run so code
>> elsewhere, using the same session, is able to run and be exported.
>>
>>   -k.
>

> So what is your suggestion for the OP to achieve what he is after?
> noexport and noeval at the same time.

I do not have a suggestion. I'm not very familiar with the various
options, and didn't know noeval exists. That sounds like a good
solution. The OP suggestion of "may be optimized" is vague, but I took
it, perhaps incorrectly, to mean "don't run code in noexport
sections", hence my disagreement.

  -k.