[O] How to detect latex subscripts with org-element?

From: Rasmus
Subject: [O] How to detect latex subscripts with org-element?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:05:28 +0100

Hi,

I want to detect if my point is inside a super/subscript irrespective
of whether I'm in a latex-fragment/environment or in plain text.  If
"|" is my point, I can easily detect the subscript here

    x_{z|}

using `org-element-context`.  However, I have found no good way of
detecting if I'm in the subscript in this example

    $x^{3}_{z|}$

Can I somehow ask org-element to tread a latex-fragment or a
latex-environment as-if it was a plain paragraph?

The motivation is that I'm writing a function to escape fontified
subscripts, such as those of the second example, using double space,
but I cannot find a way to detect if I'm in a subscript when I have
several sup/superscritps.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--