Re: [O] Publish project alist in org-mode 8 - confusing documentation

From: Gez
Subject: Re: [O] Publish project alist in org-mode 8 - confusing documentation
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 18:21:15 +0000

>Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Gez <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > but I don't know where to begin adapting it to the new export framework.
> >
> > For example, I'd be very grateful if someone could "translate" the
> > following (or something more simple) into org-mode 8 version, so I can
> > start evaluating and playing with it.
> >
> > (require 'org-publish)
> > (setq org-publish-project-alist
> >       '(
> > ("org-notes"
> >  :base-directory "~/org/"
> >  :base-extension "org"
> >  :publishing-directory "~/public_html/"
> >  :recursive t
> >  :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
>
> It's been a while since I converted my publishing setup to the new
> exporter, but I *think* the only change you need to make here is to the
> :publishing-function option.
>
> The function you want here is now called org-html-publish-to-html.
> There are other similar functions in the other export backends -- e.g.,
> the function to publish to PDF is org-latex-publish-to-pdf.
>
> Thus, if you need to find an appropriate publishing function, start by
> looking for a function named like: org-BACKEND-publish-to-FORMAT.  I
> don't remember how I figured this out, but hopefully it is documented in
> the manual...

Thanks - in fact, the first issue was the first line:

(require 'org-publish)

which gave the error message

eval: Cannot open load file: org-publish

But I guessed I needed to replace it with:

(require 'ox-publish)

And that fixed it.  As for the function you mentioned, I checked
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html#sec-5-2 and replaced
org-publish-org-to-html with org-html-publish-to-html.  And I got
something to publish.  Now that it's basically working I can play
around with the options etc. Many thanks.

By the way, sorry if this isn't threaded correctly; I didn't receive
these emails (mine and the reply) from the list so I couldn't reply.
I have checked my mailman settings and I'm supposed to receive my own
posts.  :-(

Gez