Re: [O] Org release 8.2.5g (minor release from maint)

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Org release 8.2.5g (minor release from maint)
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 08:05:38 -0800

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Great, so should Org-mode require cl-lib and stop supporting the
>> following functions?
>
> I guess so.  But I'm unclear yet whether this removes compatibility
> with older Emacsen.  I'll check this.

I believe it does remove compatibility with anything pre-24.0.  At
least, there is no cl-lib in GNU Emacs 23.4.1, which is the version
currently in Debian stable.

I am one small voice, but as a user who prefers Debian stable but also
the maint branch of Org, I'd request that you avoid a hard dependency on
cl-lib for a while longer, maybe at least until Emacs 24 is the default
in major distro's package systems?

Best,
Richard