Re: [O] automatic scheduling of next task in project

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] automatic scheduling of next task in project
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:15:09 +0100

* Peter Rayner <address@hidden> wrote:
> I would like org-mode to remind me automatically of the next task in a
> project. Perhaps an example will help. I'll use outline headings to
> show the levels of tasks

Auto-scheduling might be difficult.

In my workflows I am using dependencies with :BLOCKER: and settings
SCHEDULED dates roughly but on the aggressive side.

With (setq org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks t) I get them all on my
agenda. You just have to learn to visually ignore the dimmed tasks.
>From time to time I re-check dimmed tasks for the reason why they
are dimmed/blocked to find dead-ends.

An additional/other approach would be the use of :TRIGGER:
chain-siblings(NEXT) in order to move the NEXT state from a finished
task to the next one.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github