[O] Issue using [:exports both] for inline R code?

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Issue using [:exports both] for inline R code?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 21:21:46 -0600

Here is a minimal example:

#+begin_src example

* Heading

Here is some R code:

src_R[:exports both]{1 + 2 + 3}.

#+end_src

Here is the minimal config I used with `emacs -Q`:

#+begin_src min-config

;; change as needed
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/site-lisp/ess/lisp/")

(require 'ox-latex)

;; setup babel languages
(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((R . t)))

#+end_src

Org version (just pulled):
Org-mode version 8.2.5h (release_8.2.5h-676-gfb8a04 @
/home/jwhendy/.elisp/org.git/lisp/)

Upon exporting to latex, I get the attached.

I thought I ran into this some time back, but was able to use a
:session argument as a workaround in the header args. For some reason,
I can't seem to get that to play along at the moment. When I try
adding `:session r`, I get this in the *Messages* buffer:

Warning: defvar ignored because ess-ask-for-ess-directory is let-bound
org-babel-R-initiate-session: Symbol's function definition is void: R

Any suggestions on what's going on? In a non-minimal setup, I get
similar results except that `:session R` doesn't complain on export...
but I get my code bookended by verbatim #+begin/end_src text in the
PDF.

Thanks,
John