Re: [O] Blank page in LaTeX/PDF output

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Blank page in LaTeX/PDF output
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 07:47:28 -0500

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 9:39 PM, Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/28/14, 10:32 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>>>
>>> You need *some* images in order to compile it. I just replaced all
>>> the image links with
>>>
>>> [[./foo.png]]
>>

>> I did not need any images. In fact, the version I posted I had just tested,
>> and the image links in there are completely bogus. I just get empty boxes of
>> the height I specified.

Indeed - I first tried it by hand, running pdflatex on the command line and
got what I thought were errors, but they were warnings only: I hit RET
to continue past them and got the same empty boxes you got. And doing
C-c C-e l o to go straight to PDF does the same thing.

>>> where foo.png is the emacs logo.
>>>
>>> And my koma-article is a copy of the article class, except the document
>>> class
>>> is "scrartcl" instead of "article".
>>

>> I don't know where that came from. I can post my copy of koma-article, if
>> that would help.
>
> We really need a minimal config, in my opinion. I just tried fiddling
> again and am having no luck after installing koma-script from CTAN (or
> is that even something I need?) and adding =(require 'ox-koma-letter)=
> to my emacs config (again, is that even needed?). I don't use koma, so
> I'm lost as to how to get anything usable from your document in order
> to troubleshoot.

No, you don't need ox-koma-letter at all. You do need to have
the "scrartcl" class from koma-script installed - check with
kpsewhich - I get:

,----
| $ kpsewhich scrartcl.cls
| /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/koma-script/scrartcl.cls
`----

and you need to have a "koma-article" class added to org-latex-classes.
Here's what I used, but Peter may have a different definition
(something must explain why we get different results!):

(setq koma-article-class
      '("koma-article"
        "\\documentclass[11pt]{scrartcl}"
        ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
        ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
        ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}")
        ("\\paragraph{%s}" . "\\paragraph*{%s}")
        ("\\subparagraph{%s}" . "\\subparagraph*{%s}")))

(progn
  (require 'ox-latex)
  (add-to-list 'org-latex-classes koma-article-class t))

Nick