Re: [O] Blank page in LaTeX/PDF output

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Blank page in LaTeX/PDF output
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:37:59 -0600

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2/28/14, 12:03 PM, John Hendy wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm writing a short paper containing tables, images, etc., but I'm
>>> getting a
>>> blank page in the PDF output. That is, it's completely blank *except* for
>>> the page number.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on how to trouble-shoot or fix this?
>>
>> Probably related to image/table float placement. I've had an image on
>> one page trigger a blank page after it, and if your options or the
>> size of the image on the next place won't fit on a single page, it
>> might be skipping that blank one entirely and moving along to the
>> next.
>>
>> Is it possible to share the document, or could you try to copy that
>> .org file, remove the contents of p. 1-4 and 8-9, and then share the
>> .org file that generates pages 5, 6 (blank), and 7?
>

> Thanks, John. I figured it has something to do with LaTeX float behavior,
> but I'm trying to understand how to control it through org-mode. I'm
> attaching a small sample that reproduces the problem.

I was going to try and get back to you quickly, but I don't have
koma-article defined and don't have the images you're using, so I
won't be much help to you. Intuitively, I'd suggest you try playing
with the image sizes to see if you can shrink them and make the
problem go away.

You can also try:

#+latex: \scriptsize % or \small, \footnotesize, or \tiny

before your table to make it smaller as well if you think that's contributing.

Just saw your other email come in, and the TOC will be fixed by
modifying your existing options at the top of the document:

Best regards,
John