Re: [O] Help with tangling a table into a source-code representation of

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Help with tangling a table into a source-code representation of the data contained within
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:00:58 +0100

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Aloha Grant,
>
> Grant Rettke <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My goal is to define a table in org-mode, display it nicely to humans
>> using export, and tangle that same data table into
>> an elisp data structure for use elsewhere within the program. It might
>> look something like this:
>>
>> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
>>
>> * Modes
>>
>> This is a place for humans to keep track both of what
>> modes activated for what file types; and also what utilies are used
>> with those modes when they are activated.
>>
>> #+tblname: modes_data
>> | mode name | file_type | paredit | auto-save |
>> |-----------+-----------+---------+-----------|
>> | scheme | .scm  | yes     | yes       |
>> | elisp     | .el       | yes     | yes       |
>> | ielm      | nil       | yes     | no        |
>>
>> * Test
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :noweb tangle :tangle test.el
>>   (mapcar (lambda (row) (message (car row))) modes_data)
>> #+end_src
>
> I think you want:
> #+header: :var modes-data=modes-data

I don't know about the #+header, but the following works for me perfectly:'

* Columns to evaluate
#+NAME: COLS_TO_EVAL
|   | name          | usable |
|---+---------------+--------|
| 1 | NPPyC         | FALSE  |
| 2 | DBBVy         | TRUE   |
| 3 | DBRFy         | FALSE  |
| 4 | DBSSy         | FALSE  |
| 5 | levelstress_2 | TRUE   |
#+PROPERTY: var+ COLS_TO_EVAL=COLS_TO_EVAL

Cheers,

Rainer

> or something similar.
>
> hth,