[O] ox-latex and synctex

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: [O] ox-latex and synctex
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:22:47 -0500 (EST)

I'm writing about a recent thread combining syntex with ox-latex. Four posts on this are here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-10/msg00905.html including an ox-synctex.el that implements PDF -> Org syncing.

I have bi-directional synctex working with LaTeX source, and would like to get one direction PDF -> Org Source links working with Org mode if possible as the above claims. Right now if I click on the PDF the LaTeX exported version opens to the correct line, not the Org source.

I'm using the latest version of Org (from ELPA, OS X) and I'm wondering if anyone else has this setup working?

I'm using this test code:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(load "~/.emacs.d/ox-synctex.el")
(setq org-latex-pdf-process
      '("pdflatex -synctex=1 -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"))
(ox-synctex-activate)
(org-latex-export-to-pdf)
#+END_SRC

And after exporting my *Messages* buffer contains:

ox-synctex: patching org-export-as return
ox-synctex: active during latex compile
ox-synctex: no concordance, not patching.
ox-synctex: done, hoorah!

However, when I look at the synctex.gz and compare it with that same file produced from compiling the LaTeX source directly in emacs the two are identical, which is why my pdf viewer/synctex is sending me to the .tex exported file and not the original .org source file.

  -k.