Re: [O] Get a list of tasks completed today

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Get a list of tasks completed today
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:07:57 +0100

"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden>
writes:

> "Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
>> To get a list of tasks which I've completed today, I guess we must have:
>>
>>   (setq org-log-done t) ; default
>>
>> I mean: I guess it's more dangerous to try and play with the "state
>> changes" information stored in the LOGBOOK drawer as people can easily
>> modify them (see `org-log-note-headings').
>>
>> Under the above assumption, the request becomes:
>>
>> (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>>              '("." "Completed today"
>>                ((todo "DONE|CANX"
>>                       ((org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if
>> 'notregexp "CLOSED: \\[2014-02-13"))
>>                        (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down)))))) t)
>>
>> ... for today.
>>
>> But how can I include today's date in a programmatic way (so that it
>> continues to work tomorrow ;-))?
>
> That one is solved by doing this:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>                '("." "Completed today"
>                  ((todo ""
>                         ((org-agenda-skip-function
>                           '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp
> (format-time-string "CLOSED: \\[%Y-%m-%d")))))
>                          (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down)))))) t)
> #+end_src
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

I don't really understand the lisp, but I'm guessing that %Y, %m, and %d
hold the current year, month, and day, respectively, so I can see how
the regex could be modified to deal with "last year" and "last month".

However, more useful to me would be "last week", so what approach should
I take for that?

Cheers,

Loris