Re: [O] [patch] Support CUSTOM_ID property in latex export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] Support CUSTOM_ID property in latex export
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 23:44:43 +0100

Hello,

Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is a patch to add support for using CUSTOM_ID properties for labels
> and refs in the LaTeX exporter.

Thank you for the patch. Though, I don't understand why it is needed.

> The patch uses the value of CUSTOM_ID when exporting a headline for the
> associated \label, and when exporting a link for the associated \ref
> command (or whatever).

[...]

> This addresses an issue that was raised here, but got no response:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/54039

The issue no longer applies since \label{custom-id} are not generated
anymore. Moreover, the "bug" is probably a misunderstanding of
`org-export-solidify-link-text' (actually, its 7.8 counterpart).

> I also need this behavior, which is why I wrote this.

Would you mind explaining your use case?

>From a user's perspective, CUSTOM_ID allows an user to refer to
a particular headline with a specific internal link type. How this is
done internally is something different, which belong to the
implementation level.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou