Re: [O] Space around tables in LaTeX export?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Space around tables in LaTeX export?
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:23:04 -0600

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to export a document to PDF via LaTeX, but my tables appear with
> no preceding or trailing whitespace, even if I put several blank lines before
> and after. For example:
>
> ---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---
> blah blah blahbeddy-blah and still more blah
>

> |------------+------+--------|
> |            | Some | Stuff  |
> |------------+------+--------|
> | First row  | yes  | n/a    |
> | 2nd row    | no   | maybe  |
> |------------+------+--------|
>

> blah blah blahbeddy-blah and still more blah
> ---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---cut---
>
> In the resulting PDF, there's no space between the table and the surrounding
> text.

How much are you looking for? I just exported (emacs -Q with minimal
config, see attached) and get one blank line before and after. Is this
what you get, or are you stating that you get literally *no*
whitespace? If you just want more, then Charles' suggestion is the
easiest way to go, and what I use. You can reduce the verbosity
slightly with:

#+begin_src org

blah blah blah...

#+latex: \vspace{1cm}