Re: [O] Feature request: filling of long captions

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Feature request: filling of long captions
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 09:37:56 +0100

Hello,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> For a while now I've been wishing that keywords (namely #+Caption:)
> could be equivalently specified as blocks (e.g., #+begin/end_Caption:).
>
> Would that be another possible solution here?

That would defeat the purpose of the distinction between a block and an
affiliated keyword (i.e., a property added to that block). Besides the
change of paradigm, it would introduce a lot of problems (handle syntax
limitation in such block, for example, since I assume plain lists would
be forbidden).

Also, current syntax also handles short captions, so you would have to
rely on another trick for them.

I'm sure this idea wouldn't be a net benefit for Org syntax clarity,
even for the occasional three lines caption need.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou