Re: [O] [babel] shell does not unquote

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] shell does not unquote
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:13:31 -0700

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> thanks for the examples, but they don't meet my needs as tables for
> each set of arguments would be too unwieldy.

How about this.

#+name: list
#+begin_src sh :var files="" :results verbatim
IFS="
"
for file in $files;do
  echo "-|$file|-"
done
#+end_src

#+call: list("1 space\nnospace")

#+RESULTS:
: -|1 space|-
: -|nospace|-

> what would be ideal is to allow setting noweb expansions in the call
> line (instead of requiring named blocks to provide the expansion).
> i.e. it is similar to setting a var, but is a noweb setting instead.
>
> then i would just do the call with the files i want, quoted the way i want.
>
> may i make this a feature request?

I'm not sure that the additional utility justifies the added complexity.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte