Re: [O] Latex Export Difficulties

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Latex Export Difficulties
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 13:39:31 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Samuel Schaumburg <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> What I learned from my research is that the line has to look like this,
>> so that I can compile:
>>
>> \section{Some Headline \protect\footnote{S. 45}}
>>
>> This case is quite typicall for me and leads to often manually reworking
>> the tex buffer for quite a while, which is not very convenient.
>>
>> Is there any way I can set up the org latex export to do this
>> automatically. Would greatly help my workflow. I am quite a newbie to
>> emacs-lisp, so I cannot think of how to do this. Maybe someone can help
>> me here
>
> Not an org solution per se but you could redefine \footnote to do what
> you want.  The example below/attached seems to work.  I have no idea if
> it breaks the usage of footnote in other places, mind you.
>
> * Testing redefinition of footnote
> #+latex: \let\origfootnote\footnote
> #+latex: \renewcommand{\footnote}{\protect\origfootnote}
> ** Subheading [fn:1: Which has a very interesting footnote]
> This is some really boring text because all the interesting stuff is in the
> footnote.

Try to add a TOC to this document.  It's probably not what you want.

Another LaTeX hack would be to do something like:

   \def\myhead{My heading}
   \section[\myhead]{\myhead\footnote{My foot}}

This is such an awkward construct that it should probably just
relegated to a filter.

–Rasmus

--
May contains speling mistake