Re: [O] any way how to look on what was done on particular day?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] any way how to look on what was done on particular day?
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 11:29:22 -0600

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM, David Belohrad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the question is simple: I'd like to look into the past, into particular
> day, and I'd like to see what TODOs have been modified at that day and
> how they have been modified, e.g. showing that on this/that time the
> TODO changed state from NEXT to WAITING. Most of those TODOs I have
> already archived, hence an archive needs to be searched as well. My
> current situation is, that if I mark the thing done, it disappears from
> my agenda, which I consider OK for 'general' agenda. The type of agenda
> I'm trying to construct is sort of archive search, which permits me to
> return into a specific date and to be able to tell what I did the entire
> day.
>
> is this possible?

Based on your description, I believe so. See this list of agenda
commands for reference:
- http://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-commands.html

Could a combination of the following suit your needs?
- `C-c a` to start agenda
- `v A` to add archived trees and files to the search scope
- Possibly `[` to add inactive timestamps to the search scope
- `j` to enter a date you want to look at

This seemed to work for me. I searched for 2013-01-07 and found a note
to check and make sure a credit card payment had gone through with the
process above:

*** done check that cc payment went through
   CLOSED: [2013-01-07 Mon 17:52] DEADLINE: <2013-01-03 Thu>
    :PROPERTIES:
    :ARCHIVE_TIME: 2013-01-07 Mon 17:52
    :END:

It's in an archive sub-heading of my main todo/tracking file.

If that works, I'm sure you could make a custom agenda view somehow
incorporating some of the above (inactive time stamps tracked, all
archived trees/files included, and perhaps even an auto-prompt for
date you'd like to look at). I *didn't* have success getting an entry
to populate where the timestamp was just inside a drawer, so I'm not
sure how to do that. For example, the above has an inactive stamp for
CLOSED, but I have another entry like this:

** todo note down month's accomplishments/contributions
   SCHEDULED: <2013-01-28 Mon +1m>
   :LOGBOOK:
   - State "cancelled"  from "todo"       [2013-01-07 Mon 10:00] \\
     Dec included in yearly review
   - State "done"       from "todo"       [2012-11-06 Tue 12:54]
   - ...[snipped, lots more of these]...
   :END:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :LAST_REPEAT: [2013-01-07 Mon 10:00]
   :ID:       41f7debd-743b-4c1c-bc0f-69fc95ee7fab
   :END:

So, that was a recurring todo with an inactive timestamp matching my
search date, but it didn't get pulled. I'm thinking this is more what
you're looking for, so someone else will have to chime in on whether
or not agenda can check the logbook notes.

Hope that helps a bit!
John