Re: [O] Org agenda and recent files list....

From: mohamed
Subject: Re: [O] Org agenda and recent files list....
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 09:55:16 +0000 (UTC)

;;;---------------------------------------------------------------------------

;;;---------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > Knowing about `recentf-exclude' will certainly help many users,
> > not only for excluding Org files.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> For what it's worth, a more fine-grained alternative would be to get
> inside org-get-agenda-file-buffer and inhibit the recentf caching while
> calling find-file inside there.
>
> That would allow you to have an agenda file appear in the recent files
> list IF it was opened through a manual use of find-file, but NOT if it
> was opened as a side effect of loading an agenda.
>
> This more fine-grained approach was a little more work than I wanted to
> do, and didn't necessarily provide me a lot more value, so I didn't
> bother with it.  But someone else might find it worth coding up.  Chacun
> à son org configuration!
>
> Cheers,

It seems that absolute paths are needed in the definition of org files.
If org-agenda-files is defined using ~/org/.. this may not work since
recentf uses absolute paths.

Cheers,
Mohamed