[O] keep latex overlays and run code blocks?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] keep latex overlays and run code blocks?
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 18:06:16 -0500

Hi All,

I have been using org-mode and emacs for lectures in an engineering course. I often have equations, and then source blocks that implement them. I can display the latex fragments, but when I try to run the source blocks, I have to type C-c C-c twice, because the first one removes the overlays, and the second one runs the block. that is pretty inconvenient, because then I have to put the overlays back on.

It looks like this is hard-coded in org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c in line 20358 of org.el:

    (org-remove-latex-fragment-image-overlays)

What do you think of creating another customizable variable to control this, with a default value to preserve the current behavior. then we could do this:

(when org-remove-latex-fragment-image-overlays-CcCc-p
  (org-remove-latex-fragment-image-overlays))

Then, I could keep the equations up, and run and modify code blocks in class!

John

John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F