Re: [O] vertical space

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] vertical space
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:35:51 +0100

Hello,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Why exactly the last one is parsed as a literal string and not as a line
> break, I don't know. Nicolas will probably explain all. The only thing I
> can say is that if there is something other than whitespace on the line
> before the \\, it gets parsed as a line break; if there is only
> whitespace (or nothing), it gets parsed as a string. That's probably a
> rough description and not quite right in all particulars, but I hope
> it's close enough.

That's exactly that. I even added the following comment in
`org-element-line-break-successor':

  ;; A line break can only happen on a non-empty line.

I'm not sure why, though. It may have to do with the fact that there is
no easy way to escape backslashes in Org (AFAIK).

I think we can remove this rule if we first add a "bslash" (or some
other name) entity in `org-entities'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou