Re: [O] [bug] Tangling a LaTeX code block creates a .latex file

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Tangling a LaTeX code block creates a .latex file
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 11:05:00 +0100

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>
>> This one is quite new: tangling a code block in `latex' language now
>> produces a file with a `.latex' extension, instead of the common
>> `.tex' extension.
>
> AFAIU you need to (require 'ob-latex) first.

I never did that explicitly.

But, doing it does effectively solve the problem at hand.

> Could you say since when you get this error, since obviously it worked
> before

The last time I tangled such an Org file containing `latex' code blocks
and generating (at that time) a `file.tex' was on 2014-01-13.

> and you didn't change your setup wrt this?

So did I think. Though, I had to edit `org-babel-load-languages' to
support Org installations with the latest Git version and Org
installations with the latest ELPA version:

    (if (locate-library "ob-shell")     ; ob-sh renamed on Dec 13th, 2013
        (org-babel-do-load-languages
         'org-babel-load-languages
         '((R          . t)
           (awk        . t)
           (ditaa      . t)
           (dot        . t)
           (emacs-lisp . t)
           ;; (latex   . t)
           (ledger     . t)
           (org        . t)
           (shell      . t)
           (sql        . t)))
      (org-babel-do-load-languages
       'org-babel-load-languages
       '((R          . t)
         (awk        . t)
         (ditaa      . t)
         (dot        . t)
         (emacs-lisp . t)
         ;; (latex   . t)
         (ledger     . t)
         (org        . t)
         (sh         . t)
         (sql        . t))))

... and I did comment `latex', thinking that, in such cases, I should
certainly use #+begin/end_latex blocks instead.

In the file I tangled, this wasn't the case.

So, yes, I did change something, which lead to some peculiar
observation.

Thanks for putting me right on track!

Best regards,
  Seb