Re: [O] org-mode + icicles, avoid key binding redefinitions?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode + icicles, avoid key binding redefinitions?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 22:40:46 +0100

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> Is anyone using org-mode and icicles?

How interesting. I also started trying icicle out today.

> I am trying it out, and icicles seems to have clobbered a few key
> bindings like C-c ' to open source blocks.

I'm having the same problem. I think one way to do it is to unbind the
key in the icicle-mode-map:

(eval-after-load "icicle-mode"
  '(define-key icicle-mode-map (kbd "C-c '") nil))

The function will still be bound to 'M-s M-s o' so I guess this is fine.

I'm having other problem with icicle (I cannot get it to play nice with
bbdb). I couldn't find a mailing list to ask questions about it. If
someone has a suggestion, I'll gladly hear it.

Best,

Alan