Re: [O] .emacs (init.el) on Dropbox: Ho to access it?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] .emacs (init.el) on Dropbox: Ho to access it?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:05:07 -0500

On 1/18/14, 1:44 PM, Renato wrote:
Hi,
I use org mode on two pc:
- windows (from work)
- Debian (at home)

How can have just one .emacs/init.el file?

I would store the file on a Dropbox folder that I access from both devices.

There are a few options, described in more detail here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Init-File.html

You can set HOME to point to your Dropbox directory, or use the -u command line argument to start emacs with a different init file. Or you can put an init file on each machine that simple does

(load "/My/Dropbox/folder/.emacs")

--
----
Peter Davis