Re: [O] [ANN, OT] Emacs web-server, a new option for serving Org-mode fi

From: Andrea Rossetti
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN, OT] Emacs web-server, a new option for serving Org-mode files
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 01:51:47 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
> I've written an Emacs web-server [1], which may be used to interact with
> Org-mode over HTTP.  It has no dependencies aside from needing Emacs 24
> or later and it should be easy to install and use [2].

Thanks Eric for having shared this project. Unfortunately in my setup
(Emacs 24.3.1, Windows 7) I could not run even the first "hello world".
If some Windows user has time and chance to try, may I please ask
if they run web-server successfully.

My attempt was to run emacs -Q and type:

(require 'cl)
(require 'ert)
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/Users/andrea/Desktop/emacs-web-server-master")
(require 'web-server)

(load-file "./examples/000-hello-world.el")

  While executing this script I received no errors, not even with
debug-on-error turned on.

  I checked that my port 9000 is free before using it.

  When I launch Chrome/curl/wget, the connection is established
but it never terminates, and no output is delivered to client.

  Even M-x list-processes showed apparently correct output:
server          listen  --              --           (network server on local)
ws-server       listen  --              --           (network server on [0 0 0
0 9000])
ws-server <1... open    --              --           (network connection to
127.0.0.1)

  Thanks for any hint/advice, kindest regards.

  Andrea