Re: [O] [BUG, PATCH] org-indent-mode not correctly deactivated

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG, PATCH] org-indent-mode not correctly deactivated
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:56:46 +0100

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> With a file like
>
> ,----
> | #+STARTUP: indent
> |
> | * Heading
> | ** Subheading
> `----
>
> org-mode will correctly use org-indent-mode when displaying it.
>
> Now edit the file to deactivate org-indent:
>
> ,----
> | #+STARTUP: noindent
> |
> | * Heading
> | ** Subheading
> `----
>
> Go to #+STARTUP and hit C-c C-c : org-indent-mode will not be
> activated, but it will not be properly deactivated, leaving a
> confusing whitespace before indented headlines.
>
> The attached patch fixes the problem, but it is wrong, because it
> "actively" deactivates org-indent-mode each time a buffer is not
> using org-indent-mode, in sessions where org-indent-mode has been
> used at least once.

There is no attached patch in your mail. Though, I don't understand why
you think your approach is wrong. In `org-mode' mode definition, we can
change:

  (when org-startup-indented (require 'org-indent) (org-indent-mode 1))

into:

  (cond (org-startup-indented (require 'org-indent) (org-indent-mode 1))
        ((org-bound-and-true-p org-indent-mode) (org-indent-mode -1)))

It's probably similar to what you wrote in your patch.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou