Re: [O] Adding a new column in the agenda view

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] Adding a new column in the agenda view
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 01:24:23 -0600

Thanks Bastien!

Is org-agenda-filter-by-top-headline a new func? I can't find it in org 7.9.4.

Thanks,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to add a new column to display some information about the
> scheduled item in the agenda. Take the following screenshot: https://
> www.dropbox.com/s/gkcnbjrivhvql46/orgmode.jpg
>
> I'd like to add a colum there that shows the closest parent with the
> :project: tag. Does org provide any APIs for that?

Nope -- check the org column tutorial to see the possibilities:
  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-column-view-tutorial.html

Also check org-agenda-filter-by-top-headline (which is ^ in agenda
mode): I think it can help you *not* implementing this view...

--
 Bastien