Re: [O] Selecting Date Causes Complete Lockup of Emacs

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] Selecting Date Causes Complete Lockup of Emacs
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:54:13 +0000

On 13/01/14 00:05, Bastien wrote:
Hi Ian,

Ian Barton <address@hidden> writes:

Place the point in the Date column and type C-c !. Now select a date in
the calendar. I chose a date in the past few days, but don't know if
this is relevant. Emacs locks up completely, no back trace and the only
way out is kill -9.

I can't reproduce this with a more recent Emacs.

Maybe you can use gdb:

~$ gdb emacs
[then "run" in the prompt]

and report what's going on to the Emacs developers.

Thanks Bastien. However, gdb doesn't help as my Emacs doesn't have debugging symbols. I'll try compiling Emacs with the debugging symbols and see what happens.

Ian.