Re: [O] do I have to set .emacs for each file to work with agenda? II

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] do I have to set .emacs for each file to work with agenda? II
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:37:11 +0100

Hi Renato,

Renato <address@hidden> writes:

> I' ve started to work with this feature. I'm wondering if to work with
> the agenda feature, I need to write the namne of the file on ont the
> ".emacs" to be able to have agenda features.
>
> I mean: they could be many file. Isn't it?

I'm not sure I understand.  But you can add and remove files with the
following commands

C-c [ runs the command org-agenda-file-to-front, which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function in `org.el'.

(org-agenda-file-to-front &optional TO-END)

Move/add the current file to the top of the agenda file list.
If the file is not present in the list, it is added to the front.  If it is
present, it is moved there.  With optional argument TO-END, add/move to the
end of the list.

and

C-c ] runs the command org-remove-file, which is an interactive
compiled Lisp function in `org.el'.

(org-remove-file &optional FILE)

Remove current file from the list of files in variable `org-agenda-files'.
These are the files which are being checked for agenda entries.
Optional argument FILE means use this file instead of the current.

of course you are also free to maintain your own list of files.  You
could even make it dependent on your current machine, if you sync your
init-file.

Hope it helps.

–Rasmus

--