Re: [O] Bug? Problem compiling git - Cannot open file: avl

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Bug? Problem compiling git - Cannot open file: avl
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 11:03:08 +0100

On 01/06/14, 10:40 , Bastien wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I just wanted to update to the newest git and I get repeatedly
>> the error
>>
>> Cannot open load file: avl-tree
>
> This is weird.  avl-tree is in Emacs since 2007.
>
> What (require 'avl-tree) returns?
avl-tree

even when starting with -Q

My guess is that not the homebrew version of emacs is called for
compiling, but the in OS X buildin one, which does not have avl-tree
(to old).

So I now renamed the build-in emacs and tried to update again - now it
works.

The problem seems to been that

a) in my PATH, the /usr/bin (where the build in is located) comes
before /usr/local/bin (where the homebrew is installed).

b) I have set an alias in bash, so that emacs calls the homebrew version

c) the make script somehow does use the PATH but not the alias.

Is this normal, or something unusual in the org make process?

Thanks,

Rainer

> Maybe ask the maintainers of the darwin port.

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa