Re: [O] mixed orgmode installation

From: Justin Gordon
Subject: Re: [O] mixed orgmode installation
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 08:06:46 +0000 (UTC)

Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> nexgo.de> writes:

> John Hendy writes:
> > Then again, is Worg saying that if `M-x org-version` outputs the
> > "correct" answer... we're all set and there's nothing to worry about?
>
> The output of org-version is determined essentially by checking for two
> files from the installation and comparing where they would be loaded
> from.  This catches the most common problems, but certainly not all.  In
> particular, it won't see when the load-path has been changed after some
> parts of Org have already been loaded from someplace else (but
> org-reload will give a warning for this case).
>
> Regards,
> Achim.

If I byte compile a file, I get this message:
In org-jekyll-publish-to-html:
ox-jekyll.el:280:4:Warning: org-publish-org-to called with 5 arguments, but
    accepts only 4

This is because my installation is pointing to the emacs default version rather
than my version  from git. If I do C-h f and look up this function, I get
pointed
to the emacs default version.

However, if I do org-version, I get the proper new version.

However, if I do list-load-path-shadows, I can verify that org-publish is not
shadowed, and that's probably due to the fact that the new file is called
ox-publish.

How do I fix this???

I've tried