Re: [O] re-export using same options

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] re-export using same options
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:36:29 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Clemente <n142857 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > >   Can I re-export using the last settings?
> >
> > C-u C-c C-e
>
>   Thanks, that makes it faster, but you need to be in the same subtree.

Not so.

Recent versions of org-mode use this variable to find the subtree:

org-export-dispatch-last-position is a variable defined in `ox.el'.
Its value is #<marker at 219 in *scratch*>

Documentation:
The position where the last export command was created using the dispatcher.
This marker will be used with `C-u C-c C-e' to make sure export repetition
uses the same subtree if the previous command was restricted to a subtree.

and it appears to update during edits so that same the subtree is found
in subsequent exports. This

     If the current buffer hasn't changed and subtree export
     was activated, the command will affect that same subtree.

seems to say that buffer edits will break C-u C-c C-e, but
that did not happen in the examples I tried.

> Is there something that also remembers which subtree was exported?

If you still think there is a problem, you should produce an ECM[1] to
demonstrate it.

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#ecm