Re: [O] Beamer title is (incorrectly?) outside o f a frame

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer title is (incorrectly?) outside o f a frame
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:33:24 +0800

On Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:36:34 PM HKT, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Oh, I think I see the issue... there's only one org-latex-title-command.

;; 10. Title command.
(org-element-normalize-string
(cond ((string= "" title) nil)
((not (stringp org-latex-title-command)) nil)

I don't think the variable is problematic as you can wrap a frame around
it. Anyway, patch welcome.

Sure, I can work on a patch. I'll need this in another month or so.

One question, though: How would I determine the LaTeX document class programmatically?

"Beamerarticle" uses the article class, with \usepackage{beamerarticle} in the preamble. This package redefines beamer commands so that they print somewhat reasonably well in article format. So, org needs to generate beamer-style commands, and that's done by the beamer backend.

That is:

Exporting as presentation (normal)
- Backend = beamer
- Document class = beamer

Exporting as article
- Backend = beamer
- Document class = article

In the former case, the title command should be wrapped in a frame. In the latter, it should not.

Currently, I'm working around it by #+bind'ing org-latex-title-command, but I'd like that to be automatic.

hjh