Re: [O] tricky odt export needs

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] tricky odt export needs
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:39:02 +0530

I will respond to other items as I visit them.  Meanwhile, I would like
to add the following note for discussion.

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

> When headings are not numbered in export (#+options: num:nil), current
> ODT export outputs a cross-reference with a descriptive text equal to
> the heading text of the item the dedicated target is in.

When we are typesetting a xref in a backend - I can authoritatively
speak for the ODT backend - we need not be resticted to "ONE-OF" but can
have "ANY-COMBINATION-OF" descriptors.  What I mean is this:

In the pdf version of Emacs info manuals one typically sees all three of
a Section number AND a Description AND a Page number, something like:

    See Section 3.1 [Tropical Storms], page 24.

In Org context, I am wondering whether there is such a need.

http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Reference-Syntax.html#Reference-Syntax

(There are some variations on the xref markup to restrict whether te
"See" is present or not, capitalized or not)

http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Cross-Reference-Commands.html#Cross-Reference-Commands