Re: [O] org-mode habits graph dissapears

From: Josiah Schwab
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode habits graph dissapears
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 13:14:48 -0800

Javier Ortiz writes:

> Thank you for your response!

Please CC the org-mode list in your responses.  Others can join the
conversation and the results will be archived for use by future users.

> I added
>  (defcustom org-habit-show-all-today nil
>  "If non-nil, will show the consistency graph of all habits on
>  today's agenda, even if they are not scheduled."
>  :group 'org-habit
>  :type 'boolean)

Here I was just quoting from org-habit.el.  This is not something you
would add you your .emacs.

> To my .emacs file, restarted emacs, then =C-a a=, but I don't see the
> consistency graph again.  Should I try something else?

I'm still not exactly sure what behavior you want, but it seems like
you want to customize one or the other of

,----
`----

,----
| (defcustom org-habit-show-all-today nil
|   "If non-nil, will show the consistency graph of all habits on
| today's agenda, even if they are not scheduled."
|   :group 'org-habit
|   :type 'boolean)
`----

For example, suppose that I want habits shown today and at their future
scheduled date.  Then with the attached minimal startup file (adjust
paths as necessary and start emacs with "emacs -Q -l minimal-org.el")
and orgmode 8.2.4, I see consistency graphs as one expects.

Josiah