Re: [O] new odt-exporter: problems with formatting in captions

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] new odt-exporter: problems with formatting in captions
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 00:39:12 +0530

Wrt items (1) and (2), I am planning to remove the support for short
captions.  (The caption going as part of table:name or draw:name) as
part of fix for

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-12/msg00100.html

The fix is not ready yet.  I am just feeling lazy after having not
looked at the code for almost an year now.

NOTE: If someone knows how to accommodate short captions (so that an
that an Index/TOC could be generated from within LibreOffice based on
it, please let me know.)

For the benefit of audience, if you use embedded images in your document
the document produced by the ODT exporter will be openable by
LibreOffice < 4.0 but not with LibreOffice > 4.1.  (In other words,
LibreOffice folks have introduced some backward incompatible changes.)

To ensure that the document produced by the exporter is usable resave
the document from within LibreOffice.  (i.e., make some trivial changes
to the ODT document and do a save again).  This way the XML produced by
the exporter will be re-written by LibreOffice and the problem will be
averted.

As a side note, I am discussing with Emacs maintainers whether they
would be comfortable about having me maintain the exporter right from
within Emacs repo.  I am not sure how the discussion will go.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-12/msg00509.html