Re: [O] Babel support for the D language

From: Thierry Banel
Subject: Re: [O] Babel support for the D language
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 18:49:15 +0000 (UTC)

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I think this incorporation into ob-C.el would be the next logical step.
> You'd want to use the `org-babel-c-variant' in the same manner as C++
> does currently.  But there's no rush, and any changes there couldn't be
> merged until after your FSF copyright assignment forms have been
> completed.
>
> Best Regards,

Hi Eric

Done. The merging of ob-C.el and ob-D.el is done.
It is at the end of this file:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-D.html
Actually, you are right, it makes sense to share common processing in a
single *.el.

I fixed what seems to be a bug.
Tables were translated in C & C++ as something like:
  char MyTable[7][2][11] = { ... };
I changed that to:
  const char* MyTable[7][2] = { ... };
Because the former assumed that all content in the Org table were strings
11-1 characters long.
Other than that, the behavior of C & C++ remains the same,
and the code is very close to the original ob-C.el

Also, in the future we may lift the constraint that tables have to be
homogeneous
(all ints, or all doubles, or all strings).
But that's another story.

12 days have passed since I paper-mailed my copyright assignment to the FSF.
No news.
In the meantime, if you want to use my work, do so:
it is copyrighted with the GPL 3 or later.

Regards,
Thierry