Re: [O] [babel] how to pass data to gnuplot from another block

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] how to pass data to gnuplot from another block
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:18:57 -0700

It sounds as though most people don't particularly care which shell is
used.  However, I believe Greg is correct and the *right* thing to do is
to have specific names (bash, sh, etc...) denote specific shells.  I'd
also like "#+begin_src shell" to specify the "don't care" option.  That
is what these patches do, with relatively little churn in the code (the
one huge commit just renames a file).

I just applied these patches.  The worst case is that users may have to
change "ob-sh" to "ob-shell" in their config (although some initial
testing seems to indicate that even this change won't be required), and
possibly replace "sh" with "shell" in their local.mk file (if they have
one) to run tests at the command line.  In my mind this short-term
hassle is worth the long-term correctness.

I've just applied these patches.  At this point I'll borrow Nick's
asbestos underwear and place it on my head.

Best Regards,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte